Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Miniature Journal Pendants

I’ve been working on these for a few weeks. I was inspired by a metal charm in the shape of a book. I decided to recycle a bunch of junk mail, scrap paper, magazines and clip art from an old letrastat catalog (picked up in thrift store). I’ve never handmade a zine or book before, I figured a mini one would be a good start. The journals only have about 8 pages, depending on how small you can write, you could jot down your favorite words, spell out your loved ones name one page at a time, or paste in mini photos & use it like a locket. Not sure yet if I’ll just be adding ball chains, or making ribbon or chord necklaces, or just listing them as the pendant alone. How would you hang or list them?
Coming up in the jewelry section of The Reformatory.

5 comments:

  1. Those are so fun! I think they should come with a chain. Maybe give people the choice of a ball chain or leather cord?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tabitha & Paige, I like your suggestion for a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog! Following and would love a follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dee, I'm following you now too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...