Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Acorn Earrings

Acorn Earrings by b-a-boop
Acorn Earrings, a photo by b-a-boop on Flickr.
I threw these together just this morning. I got dressed, put on a necklace to match my top & then went to my big earring cabinet & found nothing that went. Then in a dish on the dresser I spotted 2 pairs of sterling silver earrings I picked up at an antique fair about a year ago. They were both screw back earrings & I had intended to convert them.
The acorns matched my top, so I just got to work. I had intended to nip the screw backs off at the screw and twist the piece into a loop to dangle them from, but the 1st one just snapped of immediately because it was just glued on. Perhaps a bad repair, cause the other one wouldn't pull off, so I just snipped it off  then hung them upside down with a jump ring. I wanted to add a bead & found an old necklace I could take a few off of. I just opened the loops on the ends to removed them & added them to the ear wires.
Nice to make something for myself now & then, especially when it comes together quickly instead of my usual hemming & hawing over which items to put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...