Monday, September 20, 2010

Our Handmade Wedding


Our wedding was a small family affair in our own back yard. With the help of friends and family, we made most everything for our wedding. We wrote our own vows and we created & printed our own invitations. I restored my grandmothers 1920’s wedding dress (it had major damage to the silk fabric) and my mother helped me sew the rest of the clothes for the wedding party. My sisters & sisters-in-law helped make the bouquets and decorations for the house. Most of our friends pitched in making the food for the reception. It was a lovely intimate wedding, and it sure doesn’t seem like that long ago for us to have celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary just a few weeks ago.

4 comments:

  1. happy anniversary! I think weddings at a home are just lovely! {:-Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary. I love that you used your grandmother's dress...very special and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! wonderful dress! love the handmade aspect of your wedding.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...