Friday, April 16, 2010

GO ENERGY STAR

Well the Federal Gov finally did the right thing & got it together with the Energy Star Appliance Rebate program. Each State gets to administer it’s own program and Florida came up with a really tough rebate program. They decided to make it a one week program to coincide with Earth Day. You have to buy the appliance first, then go to their website starting at 11 a.m. today and get a priority number, which basically means your rebate will be processed first (I’m waiting to sign up for my # now). But when the money runs out, it’s out, so there’s no guarantee you’ll get a rebate. But the great news is that Sears opened early today with a 30% off sale, so I got that discount, plus (if I get it) 20% State rebate and $75 dollars for recycling the old dishwasher. That $75 ends up making delivery & pick-up of the old appliance free. So GOOD-BYE crappy old Maytag dishwasher and HELLO new Energy Efficient and quiet Bosch. Now I just have to figure out the rest of my kitchen remodel.

....I knew that was going to bite, over a half hour trying to get that priority number with the webpage constantly loading with errors and then telling me server busy. But Yeah!!! I got it and now I just need to wait for delivery so I can fill in the serial number and mail in the form. So, do they really want us to improve the environment or not??? cause they sure make it difficult

1 comment:

  1. No, I don't think they (gov.) really care about the environment - they're just trying to make it look they way. And they want to get reelected! Don't you just want to wring someone's pretty little neck?!

    Anyway - congrats! You persevered and now you've got your lovely appliance. And....you can save those beautiful hands from dishpan-hand-itis!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...