I picked out a quilted fabric piece for the inside lining and wanted the case to be padded, so he brought me some foam sheeting.
After sewing the lining I wrapped it in the foam sheets.
I used portions of the jeans legs to make handles and a closing strap. I also added a piece of fabric inside the fly to make it into a zipped pocket.
After all the layers were put together it was quite thick, so I had to choose another lightweight fabric scrap to make the binding around the top edge. Wasn’t sure my little sewing machine would handle it, with the pockets and such there were quite a few layers. He’s very pleased with the way it came out.